06.0 Playing & Pets
- Remind yourself what it is you’re trying to save: the environment we’ve got. Get out and enjoy: City parks. State parks. National parks.
- Carry it in, carry it out.
- Observe wildlife, don’t disturb.
- Hike, row, sail, ski, or paddle – don’t motor. (high impact)
- Don’t Cruise. Or consider a sailing cruise.
- Take vacations close to home. (high impact)
- For green vacation tips check out Green Globetrotter, The International Ecotourism Society, Traveling the Green Way and Whole Travel.
- Share books, CDs, tapes, magazines with friends, hospitals, and prisons.
- Throw a party and raise consciousness. Or join the festivities planned for Earth Day , Clean up the World Day or World Car Free Day.
- Throwing a party and cannot avoid disposable plates and utensils? Use BagasseWare plates and SpudWare cutlery.
- Plan a green wedding celebration at Ethical Weddings.
- Green Halloween.
- Get your pet from an animal shelter. (high impact)
- Don’t get exotic pets.
- Spay or neuter your cat or dog. (high impact)
- Select healthy pet food at Pet Diets.
 Data recently released by cruise line owner Carnival shows the carbon footprint of a typical cruise is over 400 lbs of carbon per passenger per day or more than three times higher than the carbon footprint of long-distance plane travel.