02.0 Family Planning & Health
2a. Family Planning:
Global overpopulation is the single biggest contributor to the climate crisis we face. While perhaps an uncomfortable subject to speak of, it must be if we are serious about saving the planet as we know it.
- Prevent unplanned pregnancies. (high impact)
- Plan in a way that makes sense for you – but plan. Two, of many, possible sources for guidance: Planned Parenthood , The Catholic Church
- If you’re thinking about having a second child, consider adoption.
- If you’re thinking about a third or fourth child, really, really consider adoption.
2b. Your Health:
The U.S. spends 16% of its gross domestic product on health care, the highest percentage in the world. Needless to say, health care in America has a massive carbon footprint.
- Don’t smoke.
- Reduce sugars, high fructose corn syrup and sodas.
- Reduce white flour and white rice.
- Reduce fried and processed foods.
- Eat and drink in moderation.
- Get a regular medical check-up.
- Get enough sleep.
- Exercise and control your weight. (walk, ride your bike and take the stairs instead of the elevator!)
- Practice good dental hygiene.
- Keep yourself healthy with preventative care with all the above. (high impact)
 Sugar can cause or make worse: diabetes, obesity, immune system suppression, hyperactivity in children, alcoholism, arthritis, asthma, heart disease, gallstones, osteoporosis, some types of cancer and cataracts.